What is Career Counseling?
At IQ Overseas we:
• Focus on you. We’re here for you and what’s important to you. Career counseling helps people assess their skills, needs, and desires in order to find a career that works for them. We can help you with a wide range of issues ranging from broad career exploration to specific plans for reaching your internship, job, or higher education goals.
• Are confidential, safe, and supportive. We respect your privacy, your values, and your uniqueness.
• Need you to participate. In order to make progress you need to be an active participant. We can advise you about appropriate action steps but you must be the one to act.
• Recommended career information resources. Career counselors have a breadth of knowledge about a variety of career fields, but our main expertise lies in the career planning process. Instead of telling you details about careers, we can help you find the resources to get information you need.
• Recommended tactics and strategies for finding a job internship. We talk with you about ways you can discover job or internship opportunities but we cannot provide you a ready-made list of open positions that fit your exact situation.
• Always a quick solution to your problem. We cannot provide you with a list of employers, or jobs that are a fit for you. We can point you toward resources for you to develop your own unique lists.
• A job placement service. The career center provides many opportunities for you to connect with employers in person and online. We do not have a hidden database of jobs or internships for our clients and we cannot make referrals for you.
• A resume/essay writing services. Instead we help you develop and revise your own resumes and cover letters. We will edit your written material to check for errors and sentence construction and coherence.
Why do you need IQ Application strategies:
At IQ we develop bespoke programs for each of our student which maximizes their strengths and builds them the strongest profile possible. This allows students to reach for universities that would otherwise be difficult to approach College, career guidance and counseling programs at IQ aim to help students make more informed and better educational and career choices. If you are confused about which career to choose then “IQ” guides you through the maze of questions to find solutions best suited to your profile ensuring you choose the best Career Path.
Applying for Higher Education is a very big decision because of which it is very important to invest adequate time and effort to make the right decision. IQ has trained staffs, which provides help to identify the professional goals, enabling the students to take a wiser academic decision, and gives personal Guidance to help choose course that perfectly fit you Career or Personal Goals.
Step 1: PROFILING
You will be carefully guided through the complete study abroad university application process that includes the following key stages, maximizing your chances of getting admission in the institution of your choice
Step 2: STANDARDISED TEST
To ensure that we accurately advise on the best country, university and course; we will first conduct a comprehensive profiling exercise. Towards this, we will assign a highly professional admission counselor who has in-depth knowledge for each student. We also offer an optional Career Assessment to help identify your best matched options. Based on your academic qualifications, career goals, financial status and work experience, our counselors will help you choose the right course that addresses your aspirations and goals.
Step 3: COUNTRY/ UNIVERSITY/ COURSE SELECTIONG
Standardized test are devised especially to evaluate students and compare their aptitude in a consistent manner. Our Admission Counselor will review any standardized test scores (e.g. GRE, GMAT, SAT) that you have already taken, which might help you with your admission. They will also guide you regarding the scores that universities will be looking for and the scores that you should be aiming for in order to target particular institutions. If you have not taken any of the standardized tests that is required our Admission Counselor will book these for you.
Step 4: DOCUMENT EDITING
Submitting the right documents is the first step towards ensuring that your student visa is approved. If one or more documents is not in order, your visa application may be rejected leading delay. In some cases, delay can also lead to cancellation of admission. Once you have finalized the university, your documents will be carefully reviewed by IQ professional editorial team. Whilst students are responsible for drafting and collating these documents, it is important that our editors review the work to help improve upon the content, grammar, tone and structure, This will ensure that the profile presented to the chosen institutions is professional and projects all that they need to know about the student in the best possible manner.
Step 5: APPLICATION REVIEW AND SUBMISSION
This is your final chance to review applications before they submitted to the chosen universities. This is a critical part of the process and you must ensure that you set aside ample time to focus on this stage. You will be expected to sit with our team to experienced application professionals to ensure that all details are accurate and to confirm that you are satisfied with the final application that has to be submitted.
STEP 6: INTERVIEW PREPARATION
At IQ Overseas, our consultants are aware of the type of questions different universities ask prospective students at the interviews. To help prepare for any interviews that may be required by the chosen universities, we provide you with a number of interview preparatory sessions. The interview preparation sessions are conducted by professionals who have vast experience in interview techniques and are well versed with the nature and scope of questions that universities usually ask their prospective students.
STEP 7: VISA COUNSELLING
It is common knowledge that it is impossible to study in any university abroad without relevant visa. Our Visa Counselling Services are geared towards helping you submit the right documents to ensure that there is no inadvertent delay or rejection. We will assign you a study abroad Visa Consultant who will provide comprehensive advice relating to the collation of the relevant documentation that you need to submit along with the visa application. Our study abroad visa Consultant will also guide you through the key aspects of any interview that you may have with the High Commission or Embassy.
At IQ Overseas we also offer a range of Value Added Services that complements its University Admission Service. If you take advantage of these packages, designed to enhance your overall education experience, you will benefit from a range of valuable services, customized to your particular needs.
Contact us today for simplified study abroad university admission process and study abroad application tips!